tienganhforum
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

tienganhforum

Chào mừng bạn đến với diễn đàn! Chúc bạn có khoảng thời gian thoải mái ở đây!

Trang ChínhTrang Chính  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  Đăng kýĐăng ký  Đăng NhậpĐăng Nhập  

Đề thi vào cấp 3 naz ! Tham khảo ngay !

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tổng số bài gửi : 97
Được cảm ơn : 1
Đến từ : vietnam

Đề thi vào cấp 3 naz ! Tham khảo ngay ! Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: Đề thi vào cấp 3 naz ! Tham khảo ngay !   Đề thi vào cấp 3 naz ! Tham khảo ngay ! EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 5:47 pm

SỞ GIÁO DỤC-ĐÀO TẠO KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10 THPT QUỐC HỌC
THỪA THIÊN HUẾ KHOÁ NGÀY: 19.06.2006

------------------------- MÔN : TIẾNG ANH
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC Thời gian làm bài : 150 phút
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY ( 45 points)

Part 1: (25 points)
Choose the best answer among A,B,C or D:
1. This summer resort is absolutely wonderful and I’d ………. it to anyone.
A. recommend B. talk C. accommodate D. praise
2. We had to walk since we couldn’t ………… to take a bus.
A afford B. be wealthy C. supply D. furnish
3. Our life would be very difficult without ………..
A. luxury furniture B. water C. saving-labor machines D. electricity
4. After retiring, my aunt spent her ……… on an expensive holiday.
A. dollars B. accounts C. savings D. cheques
5. A lot of people left school at 16 and they now .................... leaving so early.
A. sorry B. regret C. confuse D. worry
6. Remember ............. the door before going to bed.
A. locking B. to lock C. locked D. not locking
7. Nancy talks as if she ............... everything.
A. knows B. had known C. knew D. not know
8. Many things which we can do now couldn't .............. years ago.
A. do B. done C. being done D. be done
9. When I first visited Moscow, I couldn't get used ............... the cold weather.
A. with B. to C. for D. in
10. They insisted she ................ the party.
A. attended B. attends C. to attend D. attend
11. We can’t go wrong if we…….. the instructions.
A. follow B. take C. guide D. keep
12. Some of my friends are taking extra classes in English ...................... become tourist guides.
A. so that B. so as C. in order that D. so as to
13. Michael and his friend were badly injured in the last match, so………can play today.
A. both of them B. either one of them C. neither of them D. not any of them
14. Mary put a ………. on the letter.
A. five-cents stamp B. five-cent stamp C. stamp of five cents D. five-cent stamps
15. We quarreled ………..the choice of a house.
A. on B. over C. for D. to
16. There are a lot of people at my friend's wedding party, only a few of ………. I had met before.
A. who B. whose C. whom D. which
17. You should have known that Anne could not keep a secret. Never again ..................... her anything.
A. will tell B. will I tell C. I tell D. I will tell
Choose a word or phrase in each sentence that needs correcting.
18. If I had known that Wendy didn't have an appointment with the dentist, I would have
A B C

asked her to come with myself
D
19. Our schedule consists of three hours of history lectures, followed by the afternoon
A B C
in the football's stadium.
D
20. Now don't forget that on Monday you fly to Denver and from here you have to go on to Houston.
A B C D
21. The price of coffee is low last month, but everyone knows that it is going to go up this month.
A B C D
22. The governor, with his wife and children, are at home watching the election returns on TV.
A B C D
23. I'm not often travelling by air because the cost of flying is very high.
A B C D
24. Time runs out and you will have to make a decision in the next few days.
A B C D
25. He never allows us smoking in this room.
A B C D
Part 2: read this advertisement and fill the gaps by forming a word from the word given in capitals at the end of each line. ( 10 points)

The Computer User’s Friend
It’s a common situation: much to your (1)..........., you can’t work out how
to do something (2) ..........on your computer and after hours of frustration,
you still can’t do it. Your computer manual only causes more (3) ..........and you get the (4) .......... that it was written for experts only. If all this sounds
familiar, the Computer User’s Friend will be of enormous (5) .......... to you
With its simple solutions to common problems and (6) ..........presentation, it
will give you a lot more (7) .......... when using your computer and show you
how you can never get a lot of (Cool ..........out of it. The Computer User’s
Friend is always being used by many thousands of (9) .......... customers
and, as they will tell you, it takes the (10) ..........out of using your computer.

ANNOY
SIMPLIFY
CONFUSE
IMPRESS
INTERESTED
ATTRACT
CONFIDENT
PLEASE
SATISFY
WORRIED
Your answers:
1. ........................... 2. ........................... 3. ........................... 4. ...........................
5. .............................. 6. .............................. 7.. ............................... 8................................
9. ........................... 10. ...........................
Part 3: Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense or form. ( 10 points)
1. His sister ________________________ (give) a car for her twentieth birthday next year.
2. I _______________________ ( read) the book you lent me, so you can have it back now.
3. He __________________________ (elect) president of the football club at their last meeting.
4. My room ___________________________ (not clean) yet.
5. The house was very quiet when I got home. Everybody ______________________ (go) to bed.
6. Many books __________________________ (write) about the Second World War.
7. The name of the new town _________________________ (choose) by the committee tomorrow.
8. Present day problems demand that we _______________________(be).ready for any emergency.
9. You __________________________ (not go) there because he did not expect you.
10.You __________________________ (walk) too fast. That’s why you are tired.

II. READING COMPREHENSION: ( 25 points)
Part 1: Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage. Use only ONE word in each space. The first one has been done for you (0). (10 points)

Everyone is becoming aware that the environment is a (0) .... serious.... issue. However, we have not done (1) ............................................. to deal with this problem because we seem to wait for governments to (2) ................................................ actions. In my opinion, individuals can do many things to help (3) ........................................... the problem. To begin (4) .................................................. , we can be more responsible in the (5) .......................................... we dispose of waste. We should not throw rubbish into lakes and (6) ................................ . Moreover, we also need to (7) ................................................ the water we use. Fresh water (Cool ......................................drinking is running out in many (9) ............................................. of the world. Finally, I think that if we use (10) .................................................. ...... transport more we can reduce air pollution in cities.
Part 2: Read the passage below and choose the correct answer among A, B, C or D (5points)
“Students should be allowed to study without worrying about grades. Fortunately, most educators are becoming aware of the fact that students have different interests and abilities. However, the regimentation resulting from grades still exists. Grades often stifle creativity. Competing for better grades causes many students to turn down opportunities to pursue music, dramatics and sports. Grades impose an arbitrary standard of success on everyone. I do not demand as some extremists do, that grades be abolished immediately. However, I do believe that less emphasis should be placed on grades. I hope that some day grades will become optional at Village High School.”
Written by Magdalena Smith
1. Magdalena Smith thinks it is important for
A. students to get good jobs
B. students to participate in music, dramatics, and sports
C. students to compete more for grades
D. educators to have more control over grades
2. Which of the following states a fact about grades at Village High School?
A. They are not useful B. They foster unnecessary competition
C. They should be optional D. They are currently in use
3. Grades
A. promote creativity. B. enhance competition.
C. limit creativity. D. limit success.
4. Which of the following is NOT an opinion expressed by Magdalena Smith?
A. Grades should be abolished.
B. Grades impose arbitrary standards of success.
C. Students should be able to learn without worrying about grades.
D. Competition may discourage students from pursuing subjects such as drama and art.
5. Magdalena Smith think that there should be........
A. more emphasis on grades.
B. less emphasis on grades.
C. less emphasis on music, dramatics and sports
D. less emphasis on an arbitrary standard of success.

Part 3: Read the passage below and choose the correct answer among A, B, C or D
( 10 points)

TRAFFIC IN OUR CITIES
The volume of traffic in many cities in the world today continues to expand. This causes many problems, including serious air pollution, lengthy delays, and the greater risk of accidents. Clearly, something must be done, but it is often difficult to ........(1)........ people to change their habits and leave their cars at home.
One possible approach is to make it more expensive for people to use their cars by........(2)........ charges of parking and bringing in tougher fines for anyone who ........(3)........ the law. In addition, drivers could be required to pay for using particular routes at different times of the day. This system,........(4)........ as “road pricing”, is already being introduced in a........(5)........ of cities, using a special electronic card fixed to the windscreen of the car.
Another way of........(6)........ with the problem is to provide cheap parking on the........(7)........ of the city, and strictly control the number of vehicles allowed into the centre. Drivers and their passengers then use a special bus service for the ........(Cool........ stage of their journey.
Of course, the most important thing is to provide good public transport. However, to get people to ........(9)........ the comfort of their cars, public transport must be felt to be reliable, convenient and comfortable, with fares .........(10)........ at an acceptable level.
1. A. make B. arrange C. suggest D. persuade
2. A. enlarging B. increasing C. growing D. developing
3. A. crosses B. refuses C. breaks D. cracks
4. A. named B. seen C. called D. known
5. A. quantity B. number C. total D. sum
6. A. doing B. handling C. dealing D. olving
7. A. outskirts B. border C. outside D. limit
8. A. late B. end C. complete D. final
9. A. pass on B. throw away C. give up D. leave out
10. A. taken B. kept C. given D. stood

III. WRITING: ( 30 points)
Part 1: Rewrite each sentence beginning as shown, so that the meaning remains the same. (10 points)

1. “If I were you, I wouldn’t trust Mary” She told Sam.
She advised……………………………………………………...............…...…..
2. We arrived too late to see the first film.
We didn’t……………………………………………………........................ ……
3. She usually stays up so late.
She’s not used……………………………………………………....................…
4. It is believed that the man escaped in a stolen car.
The man………………………………………………………….....................….
5. Since we had nothing else to do, we decided to go for a walk.
Having……………………………………………………………..................... …
6. No one has lived in that house for years.
That house………………………………………………………..................……
7. “ Would you mind not smoking in here?”
I’d rather…………………………………………………………….................…
8. Sue is excited about going to Spain on holiday.
Sue is looking…………………………………………………………............…
9. I only made that terrible mistake because I wasn’t thinking.
If…………………………………………………………………………..............
10. I’ve never read a more romantic story.
It is……………………………………………………………..........….

Part 2: Complete the second sentence so that it has the similar meaning to the first sentence using the word given. Do not change the word given. ( 10 points)
1. There is no sugar left in our kitchen. run…………………………………………………………………………….
2. It would be difficult for me to finish the work by the weekend. difficulty
…………………………………………………………………………….
3. I’d rather not spend another day at the beach. feel
……………………………………………………………………………..
4. Sally might not bring her camera to the party, so I’ll take mine. in
……………………………………………………………………………..
5. When he walked out of the meeting, he didn’t say goodbye to everyone. without
……………………………………………………………………………
6. Tan looks nothing like his father. take
…………………………………………………………………………….
7. My parents were always telling me what to do when I was small. being……………………………………………………………………………
8. I can’t describe people as well as you can. better
9. If I don’t leave now, I’ll miss the train. unless
10. They left early because they didn’t want to get caught in the traffic. avoid…………………………………………………………………………….
Part 3: In about 150 words, write about the “AO DAI” show at Hue Festival 2006. (10 points)

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................
Về Đầu Trang Go down
https://tienganhforum.forumvi.com

Đề thi vào cấp 3 naz ! Tham khảo ngay !
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang